Movado Automatic 18K Pyramid 1962
Whether you call it a pyramid or a hobnail texture, this Movado's gorgeous dial is the star of the show.
In the 1960s, Movado created a few different variants of the watch we have here. These textured gold tone dials are sometimes described as "pyramid" or "hobnail" texture. This was a solid gold and automatic dress watch for those that wanted a bit of elegance on their wrist and weren't afraid to show it.
The design here is unlike anything we see from other brands in this era, especially in a shiny gold tone.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor traces of use (unpolished)
- 3- body 18k rose gold case with screw-down case back
- 35 mm (without crown) / 41 mm (lug-to-lug) / 16 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1962
- Reference: 1151
- Movado Caliber 431A - automatic
- 28 jewels, 18000 A/h, 50 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 07/2021
- -1sec/d / 270°
- original never touched rose gold dial in flawless condition
- original hands, dial and crown
- the hands are slightly tarnished
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.