Movado Datron Chronograph 18k 1970s
Movado began collaborating with Zenith in 1967. This resulted in the first automatic chronograph movement “El Primero” in 1969. They decided to design a so-called high-frequency caliber with 36,000 A/h. Because of the high number of strokes, good walking results were to be expected. Since the “Zenith” trademark rights in the USA were already occupied by the “Zenith Radio Corporation”, early models for the American market had to be sold as “Movado”.
The watch we have here is exemplary of the quality of this manufacturer. From the 18k yellow gold case to the panda two tone dial and the Zenith El Primer Cal. 3019 manual wound chronograph movement, this watch is truly stunning, especially in our condition.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor trace of use (unpolished)
- 3- body 18k yellow gold case with screw-down case back
- 37,5 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1970s
- Zenith El Primero Cal. 3019 - manual wound
- 31 jewels, 36000 A/h, 50 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 10/2023
- +9sec/d / 310°
- original never touched panda two tone dial in flawless condition
- original hands, dial and crown
- original and evenly aged tritium lume on hands and dial
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.