Rolex Oyster Perpetual Bubble Back Hooded 1940s
Here we have a fine condition Rolex steel and 14K yellow gold Oyster Perpetual “Hooded” Bubble Back Ref. 3065 from the 1940’s. Featuring a 32mm diameter tonneau shaped 2 piece case with a smooth bezel, screw down case back, and screw down period gold Oyster Patent crown. With a beautiful leopard patina dial and aged luminous Arabic indexes and matching Lume on the mercedes hands.
The hooded bubblebacks are among the scarcest and most desirable of the 1940’s era bubbleback variations. Their desirability lead to the alternation of steel models with added hoods.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor traces of use (unpolished)
- 3- body stainless steel case (gold plated) with screw-down case back
- 32 mm (without crown) / 40 mm (lug-to-lug) / 17 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1940s
- Ref.: 3065
- Rolex Automatic Caliber 9 3/4 - certified chronometer
- professionally serviced 08/2023
- +9 sec/d / 260°
- original never touched cream leopard dial in great condition
- original hands, dial and crown
- wonderfully and even aged leopard patina throughout the dial
- original and evenly aged radium lume on hands and dial
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.