Heuer Carrera 3648 1960s
The Heuer Carrera is one of those utilitarian objects whose inherently good design allowed it to make the leap from practical tool to iconic design object. As with any vintage Carrera, it looks killer on the wrist.
Unlike many cult watches the Carrera was an immediate hit, with a simple, clean design that captured the spirit of motorsports in the 1960s. The reference 3648 is a wonderful example of what makes the Carrera - a two-register silver dial in flawless condition that shows great attention to detail. Of course, there is also the famed Carrera case featuring aggressive angled lugs and a beautiful gold capped case.
- 3-body gold capped stainless steel case with screw down case back
- showing minor traces of use and scratches on the case and caseback
- 20 micron gold plate in very good condition
- 36 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: around late 1960s
- Reference: 3648
- manual winding Valjoux 92
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 39 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 04/2021
- +9sec/d /250°
- original untouched silver dial in flawless condition
- original hands, dial & crown
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.