Jaeger LeCoultre Wrist Alarm 1950s
Here, we have a 1950s LeCoultre Wrist Alarm that was originally built for the U.S. market. It is similar to the Memovox but has to be named different for the American market.
Next to the Reverso, the Memovox/Wrist Alarm is probably the second most recognizable vintage wristwatch popularized by the manufacture. The alarm function was not only forward-thinking, but also incredible useful.
This example is the manual wind version and is featured by a clean design with no date, a very beautiful chapter ring and a stunning yellow gold filled case with beautiful fancy lugs.
- excellent overall condition, showing some traces of use
- 3- body 10k gold filled case with snap on case back
- 32 mm (without crown) / 41 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1950s
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 40 hours power reserve
- JLC Caliber 489-1 - manual wind
- professionally serviced 04/2023
- no movement shot because it has to be opened by a watchmaker
- +10sec/d / 240°
- original never touched cream two tone dial in good condition
- original hands, dial & crowns
- even and slight patina throughout the dial
- original and evenly aged lume on dial and hands
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.