Omega Seamaster Olympic 18k Rose 1956
This Seamaster XVI with Cross of Merit dial from 1956 in all-original condition was created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Omega being the official timekeeper of the Olympic Games. This piece was a pre-commercial prototype and was never up for sale and only gifted to celebrities and athletes.
The story tells that Omega only created about 100 pieces of this very special Seamaster execution due to the fact that they haven’t had any rights to use the Olympic Cross of Merit on their dial.
This very rare beauty comes with a beautiful and rare 18k rose gold case and is a real collectors dream in this untouched condition.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor trace of use (unpolished)
- 3- body 18k rose gold (Ed. Wenger SA) case with snap-on case back
- 34 mm (without crown) / 41 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1956
- Reference: 2850 SC
- Omega Caliber 471 - automatic
- 19 jewels, 19800 A/h, 46 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 12/2023
- +9sec/d / 300°
- original never touched cream-colored lacquer dial in outstanding condition
- original hands, dial and crown
- the Omega crown (18k rose gold) might have been replaced in the past
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.