Rolex Datejust Oysterquartz 1981
Rolex went all in with the Oysterquartz, developing a quartz movement that could be adjusted and serviced by a traditional watchmaker. It took Rolex more than five years to come up with an in-house quartz movement that the manufacture could be proud of, and in 1977, the Oysterquartz was born.
The condition of the case is the most important thing to look at on Oysterquartz models, they are more rare and it's near impossible to find them in NOS condition like our example.
- excellent overall condition, showing no trace of use (NOS)
- 3- body stainless steel with screw-down case back
- 36 mm (without crown) / 44 mm (lug-to-lug) / 20 mm (between lugs)
- the original Oyster Bracelet has never been worn and no stretch
- Year: 1981
- Reference: 17000
- Rolex Quartz Caliber 5035
- professionally serviced 05/2021
- no movement shot because its pressure tested (certificate included)
- original never touched ivory dial in flawless condition
- original hands, dial & crown
- original evenly aged tritium lume
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.