Universal Geneve Compax 1944
This Compax comes from the heyday of Universal Geneve, the 1940s. It is an ode to what makes an awesome chronograph, with both functionality and legibility. This model was first introduced in 1935 and was produced in multiple case and dial configurations. This example is fitted in a perfectly sized, well-preserved 35 mm case.
The classical dial layout is neatly presented with three registers displaying all you need. The dial has some aging throughout, and it looks way better in person because all of our photography is made with macro lenses.
- good overall condition, showing some traces of use
- 3- body stainless steel case with snap-on case back
- 35 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1944
- Serial: 1072431
- Ref: 42405
- Universal Geneve Caliber 285
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 44 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 12/2020
- -5sec/d / 300°
- beautiful never touched cream dial with some even patina throughout
- the dial looks way better looking at it with your own eyes (macrophotography)
- original hands, dial and crown
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.