Universal Geneve Polerouter Date Black 1950s
The Polerouter was produced in 1954 by Universal Genève in partnership with Scandinavian Airline System (SAS) by a then 24-year-old Gerald Genta. Universal Genève developed the automatic Polerouter to be more resistant to the strong magnetic fields at the North and South poles.
The version you see here is stainless steel with a stunning black dial in great condition and mirrored steel chapter ring. Overall, this is a beautiful designed watch with a rich aviation history.
- great overall condition, showing minor traces of use (unpolished)
- 3- body stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- 35,5 mm (without crown) / 45 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1950s
- Ref.: 869111 - 01
- Universal Geneve Caliber 215
- 28 jewels, 18000 A/h, 57 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 01/2023
- first movement with Microtor
- -7sec/d / 280°
- original never touched black dial in great condition
- original hands, dial & crown
- original and evenly aged tritium lume
- some slight aging on the black dial
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.