Universal Geneve Polerouter Date 1960s
The Polerouter was produced in 1954 by Universal Genève in partnership with Scandinavian Airline System (SAS) by a then 24-year-old Gerald Genta. Universal Genève developed the automatic Polerouter to be more resistant to the strong magnetic fields at the North and South poles.
The version you see here is yellow gold capped with a stunning yellow gold colored dial in flawless condition and a very nice finishing and a mirrored yellow gold chapter ring. Overall, this is a beautiful designed watch with a rich aviation history.
- outstanding overall condition, showing minor traces of use
- 3- body yellow gold capped steel case with screw-down case back
- 35 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Year: Beginning 1960s
- Universal Geneve Caliber 218-2 - automatic microtor
- 28 jewels, 18000 A/h, 57 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 01/2023
- +7sec/d / 250°
- original never touched gold colored dial in flawless condition
- original hands & dial
- the crown has been replaced in the past
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.