Universal Geneve Polerouter Super 1966
The Polerouter was produced in 1954 by Universal Genève in partnership with Scandinavian Airline System (SAS) by a then 24-year-old Gerald Genta. Universal Genève developed the automatic Polerouter to be more resistant to the strong magnetic fields at the North and South poles.
The version you see here is Super version in stainless steel with a stunning silver cross-hair dial and a mirrored stainless steel chapter ring which plays with light amazingly. It is a later version that showed up in their catalog in the 1960s. The case form changed compared to its predecessor, with more angular lugs as opposed to the bombé lugs with curves.
- outstanding overall condition, showing no traces of use
- 3- body stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- 35,5 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 20 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1966
- Ref.: 869112/02
- Universal Geneve Caliber 69 - automatic microtor
- 28 jewels, 18000 A/h, 57 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 03/2023
- +15sec/d / 270°
- original never touched silver dial in great condition
- original hands & dial & Universal Geneve crown
- original evenly aged tritium lume
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.