Vacheron Constantin Automatic 18K 1955
Here we have a beautiful example of a time only, 36 mm Yellow Gold Vacheron Constantin ref. 4870 automatic from 1955. This piece has a silver dial with applied gold hour arrow markers and gold hands. The attention to detail of the hour markers and elegance of the clean dial is rarely seen done so well. This is a classic example of a VC dress watch with simple indicating hours, minutes and seconds and a 18k Spillmann case.
The case is in very good unpolished condition with some developed patina and the screw back case has a rounded shape similar to a bubble back.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor traces of use (unpolished)
- 3- body 18k yellow gold Spillmann case with screw down case back
- 36 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 19 mm (between lugs)
- Ref.: 4870
- Year: 1955
- Vacheron Constantin Cal. P1019/2 - automatic
- 21 jewels, 18000 A/h, 46 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 09/2022
- +15sec/d / 290°
- original never touched silver dial in great condition
- original hands & dial & crown
- a tiny scratch at the 54-Minute mark
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.