Vacheron Constantin Tear Drop 1940s
Here we have a beautifully finished Vacheron Constantin dress watch from the 1940s with unique teardrop lugs and an amazingly designed dial with so many details that it's difficult to mention them all.
On the caseback we have engraved the coat of arms of Alexander I, King of Yugoslavia. This refers that it either was a gift from the royal family to a state guest or even property of someone in the royal family. Also included is some documentation of Christies and Sotherby's.
- excellent overall condition, showing minor traces of use
- 3- body 18k yellow gold case with snap-on case back
- 35,5 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 17 mm (between lugs)
- Year: 1940s
- Vacheron Constantin Cal. 454/5C - manual wound
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 46 hours power reserve
- professionally serviced 12/2023
- +15sec/d / 300°
- original never touched white/silver dial in good condition
- original hands, dial & crown
- dial as developed a slight and even patina
Has this been authenticated?
All watches at Goldammer are guaranteed authentic by our trusted watchmakers and us. Certificate included!
Has this been serviced?
All watches at Goldammer are professionally serviced before being offered at our shop. Servicing is done by our trusted watchmakers and gone through very capable hands.
Each watch comes with a 1-year mechanical warranty so if anything goes wrong, please let us know immediately.
We definitely want you to love your watch, so you always have 14 days to fall in love or return to Goldammer, no questions asked.
How much is the shipping?
We exclusively deliver worldwide via DHL Express which is free for you.
Given that most of our watches are around half a century old, they will need to be treated with extra love and care, and they require servicing every 4-5 years.